Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Under Construction: Header and Background

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Medea Smyke
Admin
Medea Smyke

Under Construction: Header and Background Empty
PostSubject: Under Construction: Header and Background   Under Construction: Header and Background Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 5:30 pm

Sorry, the forum might start doing strange things while I figure this header thing out. It's possible that I'm doing something right or potentially disastrous.
Back to top Go down
https://hobnobbing.forumotion.com
Miss Scarlett
Mod
Miss Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Under Construction: Header and Background   Under Construction: Header and Background Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 11:40 am

Hey guys, I'm going to mess with the colors some. So it's going to look CRAZY for a while.

Umm.....And just so you've been warned, I like really BRIGHT GIRLY COLORS.

But I've got a HUGE website redesign under my belt and a bunch of college graphics classes so hopefully I won't pick something that looks like Buttercup vomit.....
Back to top Go down
Miss Scarlett
Mod
Miss Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Under Construction: Header and Background   Under Construction: Header and Background Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Ok, so dandelions are OUT.
Cave scene is a maybe if I can fix the tiling, going to keep trying....
Back to top Go down
Miss Scarlett
Mod
Miss Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Under Construction: Header and Background   Under Construction: Header and Background Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 12:52 pm

New colors.....

I've tinkered with the colors since this morning, hopefully it's readable. But we probably need to wait until we have the final version of the header before we do anything more permanent. So this is just a place holder.....

I think we need readable colors. And a scheme that works together.

If we're going to go with the brown banner, we need colors that go with brown and black.

That said. What's everyone's thoughts? I did blue and pink because they seemed to go. A lot of colors were less readable: greens, purples, etc.

Any colors you hate? I'd love some feedback.

Personally, I'm not a fan of browns and oranges. But I know people who aren't fans of pink .....LET ME KNOW. I tend to like bright colors on a black background, but really, it just needs to work.

And right now I have a color instead of a skin. Don't want to have too much texture. Don't need anything over designed. Simple often works best. We can play around and see what works.
Back to top Go down
Solaryllis

Solaryllis

PostSubject: Re: Under Construction: Header and Background   Under Construction: Header and Background Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Readability is my primary concern. This black front on light blue background is pretty easy to read. Maybe even a lighter shade for the background?

The blue doesn't really go with the brown, so I guess this is a work in progress. I'm BAD with colors and don't have strong opinions on this, so I'll happily defer to your expertise...
Back to top Go down
Miss Scarlett
Mod
Miss Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Under Construction: Header and Background   Under Construction: Header and Background Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:07 pm

I thought the blue went nicely with the brown. They're a similar hue. But I kind of was waiting to figure everything else out color wise. I could do lighter of course....

Brown is HARD to match with.

The most readable type is a black serif type on white or a white sans serif on black. I've heard bright yellow on black but don't agree.....

It just depends on the banner and everything else....

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Miss Scarlett
Mod
Miss Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: Under Construction: Header and Background   Under Construction: Header and Background Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:22 pm

Katniss Green is temporary.....I nee to work on other things more than I need to play with colors.....will work on again later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Under Construction: Header and Background   Under Construction: Header and Background Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Under Construction: Header and Background
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General-
Jump to: