Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My First Shiny Announcement

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Medea Smyke
Admin
Medea Smyke

My First Shiny Announcement  Empty
PostSubject: My First Shiny Announcement    My First Shiny Announcement  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Okay, announcement number 1 - If we recruit anyone, please let it be a computer geek. Wink

Second, I think I have a possible (not well-tested) solution to the wonky copy/paste situation if anyone else besides me is having an issue with this. If you've noticed yet, pasting text from a MS document looks real crazy when you post in a message box. Next time you paste text, set your MS doc to "Web Layout" under View in the toolbar and then copy it.
Back to top Go down
https://hobnobbing.forumotion.com
Miss Scarlett
Mod
Miss Scarlett

PostSubject: Re: My First Shiny Announcement    My First Shiny Announcement  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Oh, yes Microsoft Word is bad. My web designer tells me this all of the time whenever I have website issues. I had a copy/paste issue earlier too. The formatting was all weird, like it didn't go all the way across. I just copy and pasted from gmail and that was fine.

(I don't think he writes fanfiction though.)
Back to top Go down
Medea Smyke
Admin
Medea Smyke

PostSubject: Re: My First Shiny Announcement    My First Shiny Announcement  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Yes, that's exactly what happened with mine, only it was 5,500 words of wonky spacing and line breaks. Plus my version of Word defaults to double between paragraphs (ugh!) which internet forms hate. So, anyway, if you ever do have to post something straight from an MS Word doc, just set it to Web Layout first.
Back to top Go down
https://hobnobbing.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First Shiny Announcement    My First Shiny Announcement  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My First Shiny Announcement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General-
Jump to: