Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Author blogs with tips on writing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solaryllis

Solaryllis

Author blogs with tips on writing Empty
PostSubject: Author blogs with tips on writing   Author blogs with tips on writing Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 9:36 pm

If there's one thing I've learned about writing over the past year or so, it's that everybody does it differently and there isn't a single "DO IT THIS WAY" instruction that will work for everyone. That said, I find it helpful to hear how other people go about writing and what works or doesn't work for them, so I can test out other techniques and see if they work for me or not.

Here are a few blogs I've found useful. I'm curious if anyone else does this, and which authors you've found have the most helpful tips.

Maggie Stiefvater
Blog

She has a tag on her blog for "how i write" so I think it's possible to just locate the entries on writing.

I just finished her book The Scorpio Races and found an interesting blog entry she'd done recently comparing a marked up copy of a chapter in her rough draft page by page with the final, published version.

Here

I always like looking behind the curtain to see really what's going on and what kinds of things people are thinking about...

Shannon Hale
She has a section of her website on writing here.

Patrick Ness
He wrote a series on writing tips when he was associated with something called booktrust.
Link
Back to top Go down

Author blogs with tips on writing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-
Jump to: